By Eva Andrews
Is your hair feeling lackluster, dry or brittle? Don’t the winter winds steal your lush from your locks. With a few simple steps and a small budget, you can have that picture perfect hair you’ve been missing.
It all starts with an avocado hair mask. Avocado does an amazing job at conditioning and moisturizing hair. It strengthens the hair shaft and helps lock in moisture, and it promotes shine and prevents breakage. If your hair isn’t growing at the rate you desire, try an avocado hair mask once every few weeks. Or if your hair is damaged from dyeing or flat ironing your hair too much, the avocado hair mask can help to repair the hair follicles and to restore its strength.
Here is a list of things you will need:
- 2-4 average-sized avocados (depending on length and thickness)
- a tablespoon of olive oil (optional)
- a blender
- a strainer (small-med size)
- a spoon
Let’s get started:
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado and crush avocados with a spoon
- Discard of the skins and stir in the olive oil
- Pour mixture into blender and purée until smooth
- Strain the purée and apply to hair
- Bag hair for 45 to 90 minutes (overnight for best results)
The olive oil hydrates the hair shaft and prevents frizziness and dryness. The avocado purée needs to be strained in order to avoid avocado chunks being stuck in your hair. Once you deep conditioned your hair with the avocado mask, then wash your hair with your favorite conditioner. Moisturize and style as usual.